Monday, August 17, 2009

God's Ridiculous Faithfulness

I received a call from one my most dear friends, Grant, today. He and I had not talked in several months, so needless to say his call was a pleasant surprise.

As we wrapped up our conversation, I commented to Grant, "Well, God is continually faithful to us, that's just the way He tends to be." Grant cracked back, "Yeah, I've been meaning to discuss that with Him." This started a hilarious stint of random thoughts on the illogical process that is called God's faithfulness:

God, I've spit in your face more times than I care to count and yet you're faithful. I've turned tail and ran the other way more than a 100 times I'm sure and yet you take me back. I've been the prodigal and the son that stayed, but you've always been the faithful, loving father. Would you for just a moment take on my faulted thinking and see it my way. I mean seriously, this is getting ridiculous! It's simply illogical and makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

But you know... I just want to say thanks for being soo incredibly illogical.

What part of the silliness of God are you most thankful?

1 comment:

Jeff Flowers said...

WAO,
Whoa, dude. This post was way too uncomfortable for me. Can I challenge you to expand these thought on another post about God's illogical relationship to us. You know, like the parable of the crazy farmer. Is God really like a farmer who paid equal wages to everyone no matter how long they worked?