Thursday, December 24, 2009

How The Christmas Cheaters Stole Christmas Eve Gift

One of my favorite family Christmas traditions involves a little competition we call the "Christmas Eve gift" game. Allow me to explain to those of you who may be unfamiliar with the game just how it works. The main goal is to say to another member of the family "Christmas Eve Gift" before they say it to you. In some traditions you are actually supposed to present the winner with a small gift, but we just play for fun and bragging rights. The rules are simple: you must say it to the person either over the phone or in person. Easy enough right?

Well, a few member of my beloved family have decided to use modern technology and social media to advance their gameplay. Now some would say that I am just upset that I did not think of it first. This is totally false. Believe me friends, I have thought about it, contemplated long and hard, and considered it an unfair option. I am technology and social media geek. One would have to be a fool to believe that I had not already thought of such a surprise attach. The fact that others would even consider such a thing, reveal just how little they know about my devious and brilliant ways.

I just wanted my heart and mind to be clear on this issue of cheating the game. You Grinches have stolen the Christmas Even gift. My hope remains that after reading my blog and contemplating your actions you will reconsider your wicked ways. I hold out hope for you all, I mean, even the Grinch relented. Don't tell me that your hearts are about three sizes too small.

You can bah-humbug me all you want, but this is simply how I feel. I love how modern technology has improved and simplified our lives, but using it to steal the Christmas Eve Gift game is just unacceptable. Ah, enough has been said. I bid you ado and a Christmas Eve gift too.

No comments: