Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Change

Dear America,

Today, the long awaited promise of "change" will officially begin tenure. How many times have we heard the campaign slogan of "change"? Countless, I know. But for the first time in history we will have it on day one. How long it will last, we know for sure at least 4 years. But, I would like to challenge us all to take a long hard look at today and the events will transpire.

Whether or not you agree politically with our President elect Barak Obama, you must confess his election to the respected office is a milestone in our American history. Now, sure President elect Obama has a white mother and grew up in surburbia does not take away from his climb to success. I am proud of our nation in giving this man an opportunity. For when you boil it all down, which I myself attempt to do, all you have is a man. He is no more or less a man than I am and for that he deserves my respect, regardless of his skin color. I feel we forget at critical times that we live in a free country where differing viewpoints are not only accepted but encouraged, within reason for sure.

Today, we as Americans must put aside our differences and celebrate a momentous, historical occasion. I hope we can look at January 20, 2009 as a turning point in our country. A day where we let go of the past and continue to move forward to a bright future of change. I do hope and pray that our new President will bring more than just a change in presidents. I know the cards are stacked against him and only our Great God knows President elect Obama has been dealt a most horrible hand to play. But if America hopes to succeed it will not come from throwing another president under the bus. Yes, national media I speak to you as well. We see all to well how overly scrutinizing a President can not only destroy the man, but it can severely damage our nation as a whole. Let's be honest with ourselves, in our current hardship we all need to "change" and get on the same team. I heard President elect Obama say in an interview yesterday, "We all have to chip in." This was as he was painting a dorm room for homeless teenagers.

I do not seek to lift up Barak Obama as a national hero. Our country does not need a hero. We need our nation to be UNITED. We need to join hands and hearts and rise above our plight. I only propose that we give this man, this human being, a fair shot. Again, I do not ask that anyone let go of their principles nor should any of us give him and his staff a get out of jail free card. But I do ask that we, as Americans, "change" as well. Change our hearts toward one another. Change our minds and hearts and begin to make a difference in our homes, in our coummunties, in our states, in our nation, in our world. Let's give "change" a chance. If you want to pro-actively move in the direction of change yourself check out twelvethreeconspiracy.blogspot.com.

The 12:3 Conspiracy is a movement being led by my LEAD Pastor and friend, Jeff Flowers. It is a movement to find ways to be actively involved in real change, not only in your community and beyond, but in your life.

Will you be a conspirator? Will you give "change" a chance? The ball is your court. Don't look back on today as a day you missed your opportunity. Change.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Presidential election placed a magnifying glass on the gaping holes of Americans' souls. The election revealed how desperate our nation is for a Savior. Unfortunately, neither Obama nor McCain can fill that void.