Friday, January 30, 2009

Search Me (Part 1)

This morning, during my 10 & 10 (a practice where you take 20 minutes to communicate with Yahweh... 10 minutes talking & 10 minutes listening... it's how a conversation works [Communication 101]) and let me tell you He got all over me. Thankfully. So, I am certain He did nothing more than just turn the faucet on just enough to get a drip ( like you do when it's going to freeze overnight and you don't want the pipes to freeze) but it felt like the force of a fire hydrant. Oh gosh a migthy!! But you want to know the surprising part about the experience, the violent rush ushered in refreshment like jumping into a pool on hot day. As the flood rushed over me, I felt my bitterness, anger, confusion, doubt, guilt, shame, and all my simple AO tom-foolery wash away. As quickly as those conditions washed away, newness came upon me. At that moment, I knew joy, relief, and hope. I still don't have answers to many of my questions but God said, "AO, you don't need them now." Ok, if you say so.

This all started with three simple words, "God, search me." That's right Psalm 139. I will continue this blog later. Here's a teaser... I bet you didn't know God invented Google.

No comments: